About the Job
£40,000 - £45,000
Our Client are looking to hire an experienced Production Manager with experience in the waste industry. Our client is one of the leading manufacturers of high quality growing media in the UK. Our client understands the need to be environmentally conscious going as far as to strategically look at each of their locations ensuring that they maintain the lowest carbon footprint possible.
- To lead the personnel and day to day operations of the composting facility in an efficient, cost effective, safe and environmentally considerate manner ensuring that all aspects of the facility operation comply with waste management permit, liaising with EHS Manager, Quality Manager, production teams, supply chain team, maintenance and other divisions
- To lead the allocated team, and to develop and maintain a team based approach to achieving the performance objectives of the business, managing the streamlining of operational practices with a strong emphasis on optimising operational cost.
- Play a key role assisting General Manager (Operations) in the identification and growth of sustainable markets for the Product produced at the facility, and sources of green waste.
- To lead and encourage team members to embrace a positive, active and involved health and safety culture throughout the business; whilst maintaining and monitoring health and safety, environmental and quality assurance systems ensuring that all license & permit requirements are met and correct licensing is maintained. Ensure that Health & Safety regulations and safe systems of work are complied with.
- Responsible for quality control of finished product materials, liaising with EHS Manager and Quality Manager
- To liaise with the maintenance team to ensure most effective operation of the plant and equipment is carried out, together with the required maintenance activities, ensuring that the correct policies, procedures and practices are in place for the effective and safe operation of the facility.
- Lead and Performance manage your direct report(s). Proactively participate in the Performance Management process to ensure delivery of own, and the wider team's objectives.
- Previous experience in the management or supervision of a waste facility
- Third level qualification in Health & Safety, Environmental Science or related discipline is required.
- Experience in the operation of a composting facility in compliance with CQP, WAMITAM Level 4 COTC beneficial
- Chartered Waste Manager qualification would be desirable
- Track record in performing in a regulated environment
- Appropriate qualifications and membership of professional bodies, WAMITAB Level 4 COTC beneficial
]If you would like to be considered for this role in a company set on being part of the world solution with a genuine care and interest in the future then click "APPLY NOW"
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.