ShortList Recruitment are looking for an Operations Manager to join to join a growing and dynamic financial services business.
The Operations Manager will be responsible for the daily operations of the business. You should be an accomplished people manager who champions individuals and teamwork, understands the importance of communication and can motivate all to embrace change. You must be able to lead, coach, inspire and support whilst striving to improve best practice. As well as being able to see the bigger picture, a keen eye for the finer details and connecting the different departments in a united way of thinking is a must.
The successful Operations Manager will have a natural creative flair with an instinct to put forward new ideas and have the energy to introduce new concepts and innovations and triumph new obstacles that may arise in an ever-growing business. You should be confident in trouble shooting and managing challenges that arise on a daily basis. You will take the lead with the implementation, sustaining and reporting of KPIs to not only guide all team members but continually motivate them, to reassure that company values are maintained.
As the Operations Manager you should have the ability to adapt to different software and systems and create reports based upon KPIs set, financial budgets and reports within the required timescales whilst successfully managing a varied workload.
Within your role of Operations Manager you will:
- Ensure smooth running of all manual processes relating to customer contact.
- First point of contact for customer escalations.
- Provide training and support to the customer service team.
- Liaise with internal teams as well as third-party providers on any operational issues.
- Drive fast-resolution of any issues that arise.
- Input in to new product development
- Risk identification and management across operations.
Essential experience and qualifications for the Operations Manager:
- Bachelor's degree level qualification - ideally in business administration or a similar professional management qualification
- Minimum 4 years' experience within an operations role
- A deep understanding of operations, ideally with a Financial Services background
Important qualities for the Operations Manager:
- Strong people skills who can remain impartial and fair
- Be self-confident and possess strong leadership skills
- The ability to troubleshoot
- Maintain a methodical and organised approach to working
- Good time management skills
- Computer literate with Microsoft Excel, Word, email and general computer software
- Have a good business judgement and initiative to make decisive decisions
- Operational improvement / transformation experience - an understanding of how change can be enabled through operating model design, technology, process improvement, business requirements definition, applications and technology platforms
The Operations Manager position is offering a Salary of up to £50,000 with fantastic benefits, and is commutable from Chester, Wrexham, Wirral, Liverpool, North Wales, Flintshire, Cheshire, Warrington and Runcorn
ShortList Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
ShortList specialise in the full spectrum of IT positions, from CIO to Helpdesk Analyst, on both a permanent and contract basis.