Calling all Banking operational staff
Do you have experience in the operational side of CHAPS and BACS?
Can you problem solve if the process goes wrong?
If you are looking for an exciting opportunity within a fast moving banking environment and have a drive to succeed then this is the role for you .
With outstanding benefits this is too good to slip by
- Ensure all incoming and outgoing Payment transactions failing Straight Through Processing (STP) are authorised accurately and within deadlines (RTGS, CHAPS, Faster Payments, Bacs, Visa, MasterCard) and on a daily basis, assist with the reconciliations process
- Oversee the timely processing and maintenance of Direct Debits, Standing Orders and related entries etc. within the mandated operational schedule in order to effectively meet scheme schedule requirements
- Act as a first point of escalation to resolve customer, internal and/or external bank queries relating to payments in a timely manner and in line with service levels
- Oversee performance and validation of all static data tasks aligned with the opening, closing and day to day account maintenance
- Provide subject matter knowledge and expertise, or identify the appropriate team resource to do so, in order to assist with the Reconciliations process where breaks arise
- Enable a culture of continuous improvement of our processes and work flows by proactively working with your colleagues to identify areas for improvement and suggesting solutions for the operations system, communicating these to the Head of Operations and others
- Build and maintain relationships with customers, payment schemes and colleagues ensuring the service provided is of a high standard, making recommendations to improve services on an ongoing basis
- Build and maintain an in-depth understanding of AML, KYC, banking sanctions and FCA regulations to ensure that handling of customer accounts and client funds fully complies at all times within these rules and guidelines, assisting with risk mitigation by following all established controls and challenging any areas where there is a potential/perceived shortfall with proposals for improvement
- Produce any reports and management information on an as needed basis
- Support the Operations Team Leaders and others with ad hoc requests, projects or routine duties
- Act as a delegate for Operations Team Leader as and when required
Skills and Experience:
- Ideally 1-3 years of Payments processing experience specifically with SWIFT
- Experience dealing with corporate and commercial customers
- Excellent customer management skills
- Good evidence of operational skill set
- Effective communication skills with an ability to engage with various levels of seniority internally and externally
- Must have come from a customer service focused background/have a good understanding of banking in general specifically corporate and commercial banking
- Must be a self-motivated individual with good attention to detail, commercial awareness with good judgement and decision-making skills
If this sounds like you call us now and ask for Ian or Emma 0117 3169555
Randstad Business Support acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Business Support is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
Why not listen to some of the inspiring stories from our candidates and their one piece of career advice. It's just a few of the thousands of people who have found success in their working lives with Randstad. Visit www.randstad.co.uk/how-i-became to find out what you could become.