About the Job
Network Operations Centre (NOC) Manager – NOC, WAN/LAN, SIP, Point to Point- West Midlands
Our client, is a privately owned, fast growing specialist Networking Company with expertise in WAN/LAN and internet product, services and solutions. They have grown threefold in three years; current T/O £40m per annum. The business is highly profitable, debt-free and has aggressive growth plans to triple the business again over the next 3 years.
As a consequence and due to this considerable growth, there is now an exceptional opportunity to hire a NOC Manager to join the existing management team to drive the business forward. This is an exciting position for an individual seeking real strategic and leadership influence in a high-energy business. The company has a passion for the customer and delivers outstanding service across all key elements of its monitoring and management services and clearly recognises the absolute necessity to have a strong and capable leader in managing this crucial part of the customer experience.
The successful individual will relish the opportunity to work in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment with the real ability to shape, influence and motivate the teams that they are responsible for. They will be confident in their management capabilities, understand the telecommunications and data network market clearly and be comfortable with the daily challenges presented by leading and managing this function.
This individual will be a member of the management team and work very closely with the CEO CFO and COO to determine and execute the strategy of the business. They will report to the COO and have primary responsibility for the NOC including the incident, event, problem and change functions
• A member of the management team, providing operational leadership and representation with management team peers and business
• Provision of high quality, objective and commercially astute strategic as well as operational decision support to the business.
• Lead, manage and motivate your teams to deliver results cross-functionally throughout the Company, whilst driving continual year on year productivity improvements and efficiencies.
• Lead by example and provide escalation support to the teams when resolving provisioning and delivery issues
• Lead the Departmental risk and compliance strategy, which includes embedding a pragmatic risk identification and management methodology.
Network Operations Centre
- Manage incident volumes effectively across a product portfolio of high value, low volume network products and services within the Company Portfolio such as WAN, point-to-point, Internet access, SIP, Security, Wifi and LAN. Continuously measure and improve the skill set, competence and people attributes of the team to ensure an exceptional customerexperience resulting in increased ‘balanced score card’ results.
- Build key customer relationships and be ultimatelyaccountablefor the service provided by the people and functions you are responsible for.
- Manage, coordinate and lead ‘Major Service Outages’ (MSO’s) to ensure quick resolution and effective internal and external communication.
- Responsible for NOC budget management and the creation and ownership of any relevant information relating to performance measurement requested.
- Responsible for team management and people development, including performance reviews, overall staff morale and motivation, and general staff well-being.
• Support the Leadership when negotiating supplier agreements to achieve optimal profitability and to minimise commercial risks, within the bounds of the contracts and frameworks.
• Continuously identify opportunities to improve profitability and customer experience through working with vendors, using knowledge of the business and its processes and the implementation of innovative ideas.
• Relentlessly pursue operational excellence and support the management team in continuous improvement
• Build senior relationships with key Stakeholders, Partners and Vendors
• Strive to lead and improve the overall customer experience by continuously working with the team and driving efficiencies, professionalism, communication and honesty.
• Employ, motivate, remunerate and retain the best people that we can find that results in the right behavior leading to great customer service.
• Empower and encourage the team to set expectations clearly with customers and stakeholders
Attributes of the successful candidate
• Effective leader with strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Able to balance an operational, pragmatic approach to decision making, whilst ensuring appropriate risk management
• Minimum 5 years networking and or telecoms experience ideally gained from within the UK industry with at least 2 years at a management level.
• ITIL Foundation or above with an understanding of ITIL Incident Management Processes.
• Hands on Knowledge of Networking, Routing Information Protocol for High level escalation(Preferably at least CCNA level)
• Strong technical acumen with a desire to develop
• Confident in setting and /or measuring statistics and KPIs
• Excellent oral and written communications skills and Presentation skills
• Experience of having worked in a fast paced, high pressure, changing environment.
• Not afraid to get stuck in at any level when required
• Highly self-aware and self-disciplined
• Passion and energy
West Midlands Base
Competitive salary and excellent benefits.