About the Job
Head of Provisioning and Delivery – WAN/LAN/MPLS – Operations – West Midlands
Our client, is a privately owned, fast growing specialist Networking Company with expertise in WAN/LAN and internet product, services and solutions. They have grown threefold in three years; current T/O £40m per annum. The business is highly profitable, debt-free and has aggressive growth plans to triple the business again over the next 3 years.
As a consequence, there is now an exceptional opportunity to hire a Head of Provisioning and Delivery to join the existing management team to drive the business forward. This is an exciting position for an individual seeking real strategic and leadership influence and ownership of the provisioning and delivery departments in a high energy business. The company has a passion for the customer and delivers outstanding service across all key elements of its product supply and services and clearly recognises the absolute necessity to have a strong and capable leader in managing this crucial part of the customer experience.
The successful individual will relish the opportunity to work in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment with the real ability to shape, influence and motivate the teams that they are responsible for. They will be confident in their management capabilities, understand the telecommunications and data network market clearly and be comfortable with the daily challenges presented by leading and managing this function.
This individual will be a member of the management team and work very closely with the CEO CFO and COO to determine and execute the strategy of the business. They will report to the COO and have primary responsibility for the both the provisioning team and function and project management team and function.
- A member of the management team, providing provisioning and delivery leadership and representation with management team peers and business
- Provision of high quality, objective and commercially astute strategic as well as operational decision support to the business.
- Lead, manage and motivate your teams to deliver results cross-functionally throughout the Company, whilst driving continual year on year productivity improvements and efficiencies.
- Lead by example and provide escalation support to the teams when resolving provisioning and delivery issues
- Lead the risk and compliance strategy in the business, which includes embedding a pragmatic risk identification and management methodology.
Provisioning and Delivery Team
- Maintain and improve the processes, procedures and systems to support the BAU operation of the teams, which include:
- Ordering and Delivery of Ethernet circuits
- Ordering and Delivery of DSL circuits
- Ordering and Delivery of PSTN circuits ( analogue, ISDN and SIP )
- Delivery of LAN, Wifi and Security product set
- Responsible and oversee the production, communication and planning of internal installation forecasts, resources and budgets that reflect the sales plan of the business and organic and non-organic growth
- Responsible and oversee the communication and project management of external customer installation program’s ranging from single circuit transactional business to multi-million-pound high profile projects.
- Provide support to members of the team when dealing with installation issues or when they need assistance in managing a difficult supplier.
- Manage the appropriate workload distribution of the team members and ensure the correct allocation of orders based on skill and experience
- Support the CFO and Commercial team when negotiating supplier agreements to achieve optimal profitability and to minimise commercial risks, within the bounds of the commercial contracts and frameworks.
- Continuously identify opportunities to improve profitability and customer experience through working with vendors, using knowledge of the business and its processes and the implementation of innovative ideas.
- Build senior relationships with key vendors by taking a partnering approach.
- Relentlessly pursue operational excellence and support the management team in continuous improvement
- Strive to lead and improve the overall customer experience by continuously working with the team and driving efficiencies, professionalism, communication and honesty.
- Employ, motivate, remunerate and retain the best people that we can find that results in the right behavior leading to great customer service.
- Empower and encourage the teams to set expectation clearly with customers and stakeholders
Attributes of the successful candidate
- Effective leader with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to balance an operational, pragmatic approach to decision making, whilst ensuring appropriate risk management
- Educated to Degree level, preferably in an engineering subject
- Minimum 10 years networking and or telecoms experience ideally gained from within the UK industry with at least 2 years at a management level.
- Previous experience from a technology, telecommunications or IT services business.
- Experience of having worked in a fast paced, high pressure, changing environment.
- Demonstrable track record of delivering volume business and substantial projects in the networking / telecoms market place .
- Not afraid to get stuck in at any level when required
- Highly self-aware and self-disciplined
- Passion and energy
West Midlands based