About the Job
Each year Egencia helps thousands of companies in over 60 markets better manage their travel programmes. We provide modern solutions and exceptional service to millions of travelers as they plan, take and complete every business trip. We deliver bottom-line savings to our clients and support the needs of the modern business traveler.
Egencia blends classic travel agency services, innovative travel technology, and global travel market expertise to deliver solutions and cost-savings to companies around the world. From planning the trip and ensuring compliance, we are with our clients every step of the way.
Unique in the market, we operate like an agile and entrepreneurial start-up but are backed by one of the world's largest travel groups Expedia Inc, and have been voted the #1 Best Place to work in the UK by Glassdoor 2 years running!
As a Business Travel Consultant based in our Glasgow or Manchester office, you will be delivering outstanding customer service to our travelers worldwide as part of an ever-growing team and business.
- Selling nett fares, air passes, RTW fares and re-issues
- Various bookings for customers, including flights, hotels, trains and car rental
- Identify a clear understanding of customer requirements to ensure expectations are delivered
- Develop valuable and long lasting relationships with all our customers
You will know how to use a Travel GDS system such as Amadeus, Galileo, Worldspan or Sabre, and ideally will have experience from travel, airlines, hospitality, or a similar blue chip corporate travel environment.
Who are we
- We believe in being Different. We seek new ideas, different ways of thinking, diverse backgrounds and approaches, because averages can lie and sameness is dangerous. Because of this belief, our norms aren't rules or universal at all corners of our company. But they are important to our identity and how we work together. Like our company, these norms will evolve.
- We are Transparent. We communicate openly and honestly, at all levels, upwards, sideways and downwards. We surface difficult issues quickly, we act, we learn.
- We organize for Speed. We seek to gather data as fast as possible, and move. Speed allows us to make mistakes and constantly improve.
- We believe in the Scientific Method. Everyone's ideas are equal in the face of hard data. We use data to guide but not define our actions.
- We Lead Humbly. Our leaders serve their teams. None of us has all of the answers, but we are curious and we are always looking to learn. Though our leaders take their responsibilities to our businessand their teams incredibly seriously, they never take themselves too seriously.
- We act as One Team. We look to optimize for the greater good, not just our own, or even our own teams' interests. We are actively interested in the success of others.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.