My client a top 200 law firm based in the centre of Leeds is currently seeking an experienced Conveyancing Assistant to work alongside an experienced Conveyancing Fee Earner, this is a busy role where you will be responsible for assisting with the management of Conveyancing transactions from instruction to completion. You will have the opportunity to develop your career within a reputable solicitors who offer a professional working environment along with career opportunities.
• Provide administrative assistance to the Conveyancing Fee Earner to manage a caseload of approximately 100 new instructions per month
• Liaise effectively and appropriately with the client and introducer where necessary
• Apply for searches
• Obtain completed property information forms
• Obtain or deal with the Home Information Pack
• Deal with correspondence or communications from any party as directed by the Conveyancing Fee Earner
• Scan or file incoming post
• Processing the administration tasks involved in a sale and purchase transaction
• Preparation of Contracts and other documents
• Check Identification
• Bring any issues which may affect a client matter to their attention of a Conveyancing Fee Earner or Manager in a timely manner
• Deal with telephone calls made by the client, borrower or third parties
• Keep all parties in the transaction up to date at all times such as client, introducer, solicitors and estate agents etc.
• Develop skills and knowledge of the conveyancing process
• Provide assistance on re-mortgage matters as required
• Ensure there are no balances or debits on account following completion unless these are agreed retentions
• Ensure all bills relating to legal work and disbursements are raised by and paid no later than completion
• Ensure the case management system is used to process all aspects of the transaction
• Ensure that accurate information is input onto the database
• Ensure an appropriate manager is made aware immediately of any issues which may lead to a problem or complaint
• To assist with daily post duties on a rota basis
Applicants will have previous experience of working as a Conveyancing Assistant, you will have excellent organisational skills along with the ability to work in a busy and fast paced role.