About the Job
Automation Engineer - £32,000-£37,000 - Electrical / Electronics
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Automation engineer for a Global client based in the Manchester area.
My client is a well-established and market leader in the manufacture of Electrical equipment. They are looking for an enthusiastic Automation Engineer, to work within a creative team to ensure communication between all departments, solving quality and manufacturing problems whilst maintaining and improving efficiency of the business.
- Identify production process candidates for full or semi-automation projects, produce cost justification and implementation plans. Design, manage and implement projects.
- Review and deskill existing production processes.
- Assist with the implementation of new processes, produce training documentation and train production staff.
- Produce standard times for input to the ERP system.
- Monitor and ensure standard times and Quality levels are achieved
- Liaise with development, attend product review meetings, Provide DFM input, Identify and implement manufacturing and test methods to introduce new products.
- Develop and document standard method and production instructions
Skills & Qualifications
- HNC or higher in electrical/electronic engineering or robotics.
- Assembly processes
- Use of documentation (BOMs, assembly drawings etc)
- Engineering change implementation
- Health and Safety
- Improvement processes
Benefits / Salary
- £32,000 - £37,000 - experience based
- Generous holiday allowance
If you feel you would be a successful Automation Engineer in the Manchester area with the above skills please apply below
Premier are acting as an employment agency