Accounts Payable Assistant
We are currently recruiting for anAccounts Payable Assistantto join our Finance Shared Services Centre team as soon as possible. This position is a 12 month Fixed Term Contract and is based at our Wrexham site and reports directly to the Accounts Payable Team Leader.
This role will support our existing team and offers an exciting opportunity to join a growing global organisation and make a real difference to people’s lives.
Ipsen is investing heavily in the Wrexham site and has both a brand new manufacturing facility and laboratory soon to be in full operation, with further site expansion planned for the coming years. The location on the North Wales border also provides excellent lifestyle benefits including close proximity to a wide range of cultural and recreational activities.
The successful applicant will have prior experience within an accounts payable team using SAP and excel with the ability to demonstrate numerical skills. In addition they will have good interpersonal skills with a professional attitude to maintain confidentiality at all times.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
The Accounts Payable Assistant will be responsible for the accurate and timely processing of invoices, expenses and vendor payments for all Ipsen UK and Ireland companies. In addition they will be responsible for the production of other financial information as required allowing the production of statutory accounts.
Other duties include:
- Scan invoices and data onto relevant data capture system used for invoice data and approvals and verifying scanned invoices for accuracy.
- Enter and match invoices to purchase orders according to defined procedures and targets.
- Enter invoices without purchase orders according to defined procedures and targets.
- Appropriately action telephone and e-mail enquiries
- File processed invoices
- Reconcile supplier statements and resolve resulting queries & discrepancies.
- Verify and escalate invoices awaiting goods received notes and authorisation.
- Data input for Key Performance Indicators relating to invoice processing.
- Create/maintain vendor master-files
- Execute payment runs
- Undertake problem-solving in areas relevant to primary duties
- Follow and encourage others with the business to follow set procedures and processes.
- Process daily T&E expense claims 2
Skills, Experience & Education:
Ideal: GSCE’s including Maths & English (or equivalent) plus 5 years’ experience with Accounts Payable, preferably using SAP and in a recent role. Proficient user of excel.
Minimum: 1 years’ experience with Accounts Payable preferably using SAP