Would you like to go to university?
City College (Nottingham) Derby Campus course can help you get to university if you haven’t already got the grades or qualifications you require. Please APPLY NOW and we will be in contact to invite you in to the college to have a tour of the college, meet with the tutor and answer any questions you may have. If you would like to enrol we can then complete enrolments forms and do eligibility checks, course starts at various times of the year so it won’t be long until you’re on the right path to your future.
What qualification will I gain from this course?
- Level 3 Diploma in Higher Education (in Business)
- GCSE’s or Functional Skills in math & English (if required)
The course has been designed and developed to give following benefits:
- Suitable for those who have the ability and commitment to study at level 3 but who left school with few, if any, qualifications needed to enter Higher Education.
- Re-introduces learners to education in a non-threatening learning environment which recognises prior skills and experience and the particular needs of those returning to learning.
Successful completion of the course leads to the achievement of the Ascentis Level 3 Access to HE Diploma (Business with Technology) qualification
The Access to HE Diploma requires the achievement of 60 credits , of which at least 45 must be at level 3. Some units are graded (pass, merit, or distinction). This enables both HEIs ( Higher Education Institutes) and learners to establish particular subject strengths in knowledge, understanding and application
What can I do after completion of the course?
- Progress into university.
- Apply for any level 4 course
- Progress on to a Business Management course
What is the cost of the course?
If you are 19+ there is no upfront cost for the qualification if you apply for an ‘Advanced Learner Loan’. Your fees will be paid by government backed scheme and you will only starting pay anything back when you earn over £21,000. Payment is taken from your wages and start at around £10 a month.
The loan will be written off after 30 years. For more information please contact us on 0115 9101455 or see our website for eligibility calculator.
Assessment & Achievements
All units are assessed through a variety of methods culminating in the building of a portfolio of evidence containing written assignments, presentations, and other evidence. The portfolio is supported by a number of examinations, which are set and marked by the Awarding Body. Assignments are staged throughout the duration of the course via an Assessment Plan. Portfolio’s are internally assessed and internally moderated by City College Nottingham, and then externally moderated.
Assessment will be a mixture of:
- build and complete a portfolio of work
- practical assessments
- assignment writing
- theory exams
Length of Course
This course is taught program, over 2 days/week for one academic year (ie 3 terms), however, in addition to attendance in class, learners are expected to devote enough additional time as necessary for self-study, research and assignment writing, in order to complete the course successfully.
Detailed timetables will be provided on course commencement
Why come to City College?
- Class sizes of between 5-15 students, our tutors spend more time with our students
- Dedicated tutors and staff - Support given if required such as 1-2-1 tutoring, extra classes
- Employability Skills delivered to all students, CV writing, interview preparation
- High quality education
- Choice to complete either functional skills or GCSE’s alongside your qualification
- Friendly, positive environment, no tolerance to bullying policy
- Grade 1 provider ‘Exceeding Expectations’ in our 2016 ISI
**Please note you are applying for a course which you will need to attend college 2 days a week for up to 1 year. 85% attendance is required for you to achieve the qualification.